19 December 2009

Choosing the right gym!

Before I start anything, I suppose I need to find a gym!

I've been to a number of gyms in my life...
1. Aquatics Centre
2. GL-14
3. Adwick Leiure Centre
4. Marathon Fitness
5. JJB Fitness
6. Cannons
7. My Garage

... the problem is, pin pointing the positives that you want and finding them in one gym! It's not going to happen, is it?

What I look for is space, variety, well maintained equipment and most importantly, no queing!


With that in mind, over the past week I have set about looking for the best options within a 20 mile radius of home. Unfortunately, living in the country has a downside in that good gyms are few and far between.

I had a choice of three!
1. Virgin Active, 32 miles round trip, very well equipped!
2. Very small independent above a sports bar, 8 miles round trip, not so well equipped but with everything one would expect.
3. Good independent, 20 miles round trip, great equipment!

Taking costs into consideration, I don't really need to go into more detail, choice number 3 won hands down. £25 a month with so much equipment, a spit and saw dust atmosphere and very good equipment. See the picture below if you want to become jealous!





It really looks like I've found a really great gym!
So I'm off to sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment